The SR-71 Blackbird, a legend in the skies, has always been more than just a feat of engineering. Behind its well-known history lies a world of obscure documents and rare insights. Today, we explore these hidden facets, bringing to light the lesser-known aspects of this remarkable aircraft.
The SR-71’s Secretive Past
Developed in the 1960s, the SR-71 was a symbol of innovation and secrecy. Designed for stealth and speed, it played a crucial role during the Cold War. However, much of its story remains untold, preserved in obscure reports and classified documents.
Discovering the Obscure
Our journey takes us through a handpicked collection of obscure documents, each shedding light on the Blackbird’s enigmatic legacy:
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration – SR-71 Blackbird
- U.S. Department of Defense – Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird – Big Tail
- NASA – Design and Development of the Blackbird: Challenges and Lessons Learned
- CIA – DEVELOPMENT OF THE LOCKHEED SR-71 BLACKBIRD
- CIVIL AIR PATROL – AE Dimensions
- USGS.GOV – Estimating Trajectories of Supersonic Objects using arrival Times of Sonic Booms